Imagine a world, a world where you are
influenced how to live your life by people who you perceive to be
better looking or greater than you. People that you wish you had the
similar facial, bodily or personality related features.
I have spent my entire adolescent life
trying to act “normal; but what is normal? I wore the same clothes
as other people, listened to the same music, and even befriended
people I didn't even like. All because I was a lost sheep who couldn't
find his way, before I was blind, but now I see! Who even invents
these rules anyway, I mean, is there a group of middle aged men
sitting around a table in somewhere like Switzerland, making up all
these “rules” for people to follow and live by.
I want to let you all in on a little
secret, okay, here it comes, I am not truly happy. That's right, I am
not 100% content with my life, but who can be? You could say life
consists of two things, progression, and setbacks. There are times in
your life where you are walking along, enjoying yourself and then
BOOM! Setback, it could be something simple as a failed exam or a
test. Or something serious and traumatic like the loss of a love one
or a serious personal injury or medical condition. But then again,
you are left with two choices, two paths that can change your life
forever, and I mean ever! Choice 1, give up, give up everything you
have ever worked for and everything you will ever work for, give up
on your family, your friends, your hobbies,your interests, your
brain, your body, your culture, your Self. Or the second path. Take
everything, every single little thing, positive or negative, and
channel it into a power, a power of emotion, motivation or self
improvement to change the world for the greater good.
If I can make a difference in just a
tiny percentage of this room today, I mean like 1 or two people, then
this is a success. Today is all about changing the world for
tomorrow, and it isn't me that does that, it isn't your mums, dads,
carers, teachers and friends that do that, its you.
I'm tired, I'm exhausted, I'm sick to my
heart and my stomach of young people who deem themselves unworthy in
comparison to the general public. It is disgusting to know that 1 in
four people, not females, not males, PEOPLE experience some kind of
mental health problem each year. I don't know about you guys, but I
think that is something that needs to be ended, now. It's hard
though, I know its hard, I cant even count the amount of young people
who are depressed, who are vulnerable, who hurt themselves, who cut
themselves, even those who have thought about or even tried suicide.
I cant tell you what you need to do to be happy. I can only be your
friend. But as much as I would like to be, I cant be everyone's
friend, I'm going to need some help. Who will be my friend?

No comments:
Post a Comment