I don't just mean the physical journey
South Africa - Zambia - Botswana - Swaziland - Mozambique - South Africa
I have been through every single emotion known to man over the past 2 months
Happy - Scared - Angry - Apprehensive - Sad - Tired - Hyper - Admiration - Happiness again - Guilt
*i realise some of them aren't emotions but I'm using them anyway
If you are really keen to read word by word of every single thing we did over our month long trip, I'm afraid I'm not going to type all that for you.
But!, the Journey of a lifetime website will!
read it all here.... http://www.jolttrust.org.uk/jolt-2014-across-africa/jolt-2014-trip-diary/
But before you do!
I did enjoy the trip, believe me i did, it's just hard to explain it as a vacation, i can only describe it as an "experience", one that i do not spend much time in and just seem to go in one end as "Jamie 1.0" and get get spat out the other end with a whole new set of qualities and outlooks on life.
- I wish it could all be that perfect.
Yes i enjoyed the trip, and I'm extremely grateful for it, and i do hope i can go back one day.
But there's one thing niggling at the back of my mind?
Why did i go?
I originally had the idea i would go out there, sparks would fly, and i would come back a new man. But I'm afraid life doesn't work like that, and instead i Learned to run.
Which is as far as i know, a big deal in the Stroke rehab program!
I cant force a charity expedition into changing my life for me.
I now have the tools i need to live.
Thank you
No comments:
Post a Comment