#1 did it affect your education?
I don't really think i was ready to go straight back into full education when i did after the summer of 2011. But i did, i did some lower level qualifications for my year group and got mediocre passes. I did a lot worse in the following year but excelled in my digital media course i took after my 6th year at high school, i was offered a 7th year there but declined it. I look forward to my 2nd out of 3 years at college before i possibly go off to university!
#2 has it changed your outlook on life?
I never really found myself as a person pre-stroke, but now as much of a cliche as it is, i appreciate the little things in life. I remember one day in hospital when i took only 3 steps, but it was the best day ever!
#3 what was your family and friend's reaction?
out of 8 ish months under care, i must of had a visit every single day by at least somebody, it is no longer a novelty to have me struggling with some things, or acting like a complete idiot!
#4 what did i think when i was told i had a stroke?
To be perfectly honest i was quite proud. i had heard of people having them and dying instantly, so i was surprised that i had had one and felt fine!, except from the vomiting and complete left sided weakness.
#5 what is the best and worst things about being you
Best: the opportunities it unlocks, i was lucky enough to carry the Olympic torch for London 2012 Olympic games, and then of course the upcoming Africa trip
worst:no, not the weakness. I'm fine with not being able to use my left hand, or run. Its the social awkwardness and confusion that annoys me the most.
#6 how did you get better?
Lots and lots and lots of physiotherapy (every day for 8 months),an encouraging group of family and friends, a regular exercise regime, and a positive mental attitude!
#7 How was your time in hospital/rehabilitation clinic?
Brilliant!, i met so many nice people and friends i will keep forever. the physio was never repetitive and boring, and i always had my own room to relax in
#8 how does it affect your life now?
- I have more fun now
- i know much more people
- i know how to cook and clean
- I'm truly happy
- i am more determined
- i know who i am and what i am going to be
#9 what would you say to somebody in your position?
Do EXACTLY what the hospital people tell you to do.
Don't give up
and most importantly, remember this....IT GETS BETTER, TRUST ME
#10 stroke life, pro or con?
I'm sorry, but that is up to you to decide!

No comments:
Post a Comment